Loading... Please wait...

United States Immigration

Information Guides and FAQs

Join Newsletter

Green Card Employment Application Instructions

  • US Immigration Application Guide
Download information package with instructions to access and file Green Card Employment application forms.
This product is available for pre-order only


Green Card Through Employment

United States Green Card Application Information Through a U.S. Employer

Format: Instant Download

A Green Card, also known as an immigrant visa or Legal Permanent Residence gives you the right to live permanently in the United States.  Legal residents with a green cards have the legal right live, work and study in the United States among many other rights and benefits. Employees who have been working in the US for an American employer are considered dual intent aliens, what means that the foreign worker can stay in the US for a few years temporarily just with a work visa, but eventually return to his country, or he can actually apply for a Green Card and become a permanent residents of the United States. The main advantage of the Green Card is that the employee can change jobs, or not work at all, without affecting his immigration status as long as he continue living in the U.S., but when a worker has a work visa he depends of his job to keep his work visa immigration status, and losing his job could eventually mean having to find another employer to sponsor his work visa or having to return to his country, losing his work visa and losing his right to live in the U.S. An additional benefit for a worker when becoming a Green Card holder is that after 5 years of living in the US, the worker may be eligible to apply for the United States Citizenship.

How to Apply for a Green Card through Employment?

The Application for a Green Card or Lawful Permanent Residence through employment is a complex process involving several steps. There are many requirements, procedures, and forms to file.  You must present support documentation to prove that you are eligible to apply for a Green Card though your US work. In terms of the application, the American employer will be sponsoring his employee and there are several requirements for both the sponsor and for the worker Green Card applicant.

When you start to prepare your US Immigration application you may have several questions about the application process for a work/employment based Green Card. Several frequently asked questions may be answered when ordering this download, including the following common immigration questions:

  • What is a Green Card or a Lawful Permanent Resident Card of the United States?
  • General Information on how to apply for a Green Card?
  • How to apply for a green card through my employment?
  • Which family relatives are eligible to get a green card to live with me?
  • What if I change my employment while my application is pending? Can I still continue my green card application through my new employer?
  • After having a green card, can I apply for the United States citizenship?
  • For how many years do I need to keep my Green Card in order to apply for the United States citizenship?
  • Should I apply for a green card while present in the US to adjust status from another visa to a Green Card? or should I apply at my local US consulate abroad?
  • How to provide and prepare documentation with all support evidence and requirement for a Work Visa?
  • For how long will my green card be valid?
  • What type of forms to file? and how to find helpful links to official forms and instructions?

To learn more about how to apply for a Green Card through employment, and to find answers to the above questions, order this downloadable guide with answers to most Frequently Asked Questions.

Find Similar Items by Category