Loading... Please wait...

United States Immigration

Information Guides and FAQs

Join Newsletter

L1 Intracompany Transferee Work Visa Application Instructions

  • L1 Trasnferee Visa Application Information
Download information package with instructions to access and file Visa application forms.
This product is available for pre-order only


L-1 Intracompany Transferee Work Visa 

Application Instructions for the L-1 Intracompany Transferee Work Visa in the United States

Format: Instant Download

The L-1 Intracompany Transferee Work Visa allows you to transfer from an office out of the United States to an office of the same company in the USA. There are many types of visas that allow individual to live and work in the United States. Visas are usually classified in two main categories: immigrant and non-immigrant. Immigrant visas are used for people that will live permanently in the US. Non-immigrant visas are used for people that are allowed to be in the United States for a limited time with the intention to return to his home country upon visa expiration. The L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a person to live and work in the US generally for three years with possible extensions.

The L-1 is a special type of visa for current foreign employees of an international company that has offices in a country abroad and also offices in the United States, that are currently working on a branch of the company outside of the U.S. and wish to relocate and transfer to work at a branch of the same company located in the United States. The US office must be a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary company to the foreign company. To be eligible for the L visa the intracompany transferees employees must have been employed abroad continuously during at least one year within the three preceding years prior to being granted the L-1 status, and will be employed by the same company in the U.S. The employment should be in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge position. There is currently no annual cap on L-1 visas. There are two types of L-1 visas, L1A and L1B. The L1A allows you to stay in the US for up to 7 years, and the L1B for up t 5 years.

The following are frequently asked questions about the L-1 Intracompany Transferee Work Visa:.

  • What is the L-1 visa?
  • Can I transfer from one branch of a company outside of the U.S. to a U.S. branch of the same company with a work visa?
  • Filling forms and how to apply for the L-1 visa?
  • Can I apply for a green card after having an L-1 transferee visa?
  • Can I live and work in the US with a L-1 visa?
  • What professional activities are eligible for the L-1 wofk worker?
  • How is the process of application for Canadian citizens to obtain the L-1 visa?
  • Are accompanying dependands, spouses and children of the L-1 visa holder allowed to enter the U.S.?
  • How to obtain and file official visa application forms?
  • My company needs  sponsor me?
  • Do I need to schedule a visa appointment
  • Eligibility requirements and instructions

Find out more information about how to apply for the L-1 visa and the answer to visa questions including how to access official visa application forms, application filing fees, passport requirements, general information, U.S. consulates information, and application information this visa.

Find Similar Items by Category